Games are fun, development should be too. But the process of making games has been bogged down with too many financial hurdles. Yumerium will make development fun again. Yumerium is the decentralized backbone of a new gaming economy that aims to
facilitate the transactions between developer and gamers. By introducing blockchain technologies to the development process, new exciting ways for developers to interact with gamers, and vice versa, are born.
Yumerium introduces a new native token that enhances the relationship between developers and gamers through the following key features:
• Cryptocurrency with tangible value by allowing users to use the currency on any venue that connects to the Yumerium blockchain. These systems can be owned by Subdream Labs, or developed by non-affiliated parties.
• Open, trustworthy, and secure smart contracts that verifies the authenticity of developers and gamers. When both parties know that the system cannot be taken advantage in favor of one party, both parties can trust each other and exchange tokens.
• Token rewards for game achievements to allow developers run contests and marketing campaigns cheaper, safer, and easier than ever before. Developers can then motivate gamers to play and improve retention metrics, while gamers can receive tokens to spend in any Yumerium game.
• Compensate influencers for referring or reviewing games. Spread the word with a tool more powerful than traditional ads; the word of a trustworthy internet celebrity.
• Decentralized crowdfunding to safely fund future projects through gamer support. Since no one controls the system, campaigns are far cheaper than those of traditional crowdfunding sites.
• True limited edition copies of digital games and in-game collectibles. With the power of the blockchain, ownership of digital assets can be verified. Due to the scarcity of such items, their value continues to grow, rather than stagnate. Owners can then sell these items to the highest bidder. By focusing on these core features, Yumerium can make game development cheaper and easier than ever before. At the same time, the quality of games increases, as gamers have a greater voice in which games they want to play. The economy uses YUM tokens, the Yumerium currency, to facilitate and keep an authentic record of all transactions, whether it be a reward for a gaming achievement, compensating popular influencers, funding the next great game, or purchasing scarce assets. Early adopters of Yumerium will receive bonus YUM tokens to diversify participation in the system.
The Yumerium team is composed of experienced veterans and hardworking newcomers in the game development industry. They are both excited about how smart contracts can shape the next generation of gaming. They believe that soon, both developers and gamers can finally have fun together in the most lucrative
entertainment industry in the world.
Research and develoment using Mega Overload and VR Plus as a test case
Develop Yumerium SDK and update Subdream studios games using the SDK
Launch strategic partner games and native games on Yumerium, such as CryptoMine
Broad adoption with 3rd party games