BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative Mimblewimble protocol. With increasing risks for cryptocurrency holders, we need a form of secure, scalable value more than ever. Beam is the solution to that problem, open to all. Beam ensures complete anonymity, built-in fungibility and virtually limitless scalability.
BEAM is a next generation confidential cryptocurrency based on an elegant and innovative
Things that make BEAM special include:
• Users have complete control over privacy – a user decides which information will be available and to which parties, having complete control over his personal data in accordance with his will and applicable laws.
• Confidentiality without penalty – in BEAM confidential transactions do not cause bloating of the blockchain, avoiding excessive computational overhead or penalty on performance or scalability while completely concealing the transaction value.
• No trusted setup required.
• Blocks are mined using Equihash Proof-of-Work algorithm.
• Limited emission using periodic halving with the total amount of coins ~250 million.
• No addresses are stored in the blockchain – no information whatsoever about either the sender or the receiver of a transaction is stored in the blockchain.
• Superior scalability through compact blockchain size – using the “cut-through” feature of Mimblewimble makes the BEAM blockchain orders of magnitude smaller than any other blockchain implementation.
• BEAM supports many transaction types such as escrow transactions, time-locked transactions, atomic swaps and more.
• No premine. No ICO. Backed by a treasury, emitted from every block during the first five years
• Implemented from scratch in C++ by a team of professional developers.